Terms and Conditions
- These conditions, together with any other information in our brochures or on our web form
part of your contract with us, Sunvil International Sales Limited, registered number 984970.
The signatory of the booking form accepts these contract terms on behalf of everyone named in
the booking or added subsequently and the words 'you' in these conditions should be construed
- In operating The Genevieve, Sunvil International Sales Limited, adheres to the code of
conduct specified by the Passenger Boat Association and its operation is governed by the
Maritime and Coastguard Agency. Insurances meet the existing statutes recommended by maritime
law with £5,000,000 Public liability cover.
- Its bond lodged with the Association of Independent Tour Operators Trust Limited (AITOT),
which is a Government approved body, covers all monies received by the company. Any monies for
hire, which are received by the company, would be refunded in full by AITOT in the event that
the company failed and monies for future bookings were lost.
- There will be no contract between us until you have signed a booking form and we have
issued a confirmation invoice. Any services purchased on board, even if these are arranged by
our agents do not form part of this contract.
- Any monies paid by you to an agent will be held by that agent on our behalf until such time
as these are paid to us. A deposit of 50% of the hire charge is payable with the booking form
and the balance of the price is payable no less than 56 days prior to the sailing date. If the
balance has not been paid by 48 days prior to departure, the booking will be cancelled and the
cancellation charges set out in clause ? will be levied. Full payment will be due immediately
for bookings made within 56 days of travel.
- Should you wish to cancel the booking, this must be done in writing to us and the
cancellation will not be effective until such notice is received by us via recorded or
registered mail. You will be liable to pay the following cancellation charges:
- 40 days or more - 50% deposit only
- 48 days to 0 days - 100%
- Should you wish to alter your booking date, a £25 administration charge will be levied.
There is no charge for changes to names and numbers of passengers booked to sail.
- All prices are based on sailings started and finished at the Freebody Boatyard in Hurley.
Alternative pick-ups on request and at a supplement.
- Staffing rates are included in the charter and include a helmsman and an assistant who will
act as waiter and assist with docking at locks.
- The number of guests confirmed for catering purposes will be the number of guests permitted
on The Genevieve for the charter. Hirers are not allowed to supply their own catering.
- Reservation terms for Henley Royal Regatta and other special events are subject to special
conditions, which are available on request.
- Passengers can only board 15 minutes prior to the stated sailing time.
- During the hire period The Genevieve shall remain under the total control of the helmsman
and crew and the hirer shall be responsible for the conduct of the passengers on board. Should
the helmsman consider that a particular passenger/s are so heavily inebriated or under the
influence of drugs that he/she/they present a safety risk to the boat and other passengers, The
Genevieve will disembark those persons at the earliest opportunity.
- The company, at the discretion of the helmsman, may vary the course of the cruise should
circumstances make this necessary. The company cannot guarantee that The Genevieve will
commence or complete the cruise or part thereof in any given time if conditions are beyond the
control of the company.
- Charters are subject to the river and weather conditions being satisfactory at the time of
sailing. If strong stream and/or wind conditions prevent a sailing taking place, The Genevieve
will remain moored at the Freebody Boatyard in Hurley and a full refund of any monies paid will
be made to you. If adverse river conditions prevent collection from a venue other than
Freebody's, the company's liability to you will be no greater than the sum paid by you to the
company in respect of the charter.
- All persons using any part of the vessel for whatever purpose and whether by invitation or
otherwise do so at their own risk, unless injury or damage to person or property sustained on
board the vessel is caused by, or results from our negligence or that of our agents.
- In accordance with The Environment Agency (Thames Region) by-laws, all music must be
stopped when approaching or passing through a lock.
- Boat hire rates are currently zero rated for VAT purposes. All other prices include VAT.
- All complaints must be made at the time of occurrence to the helmsman or the company in
order to give us the opportunity to rectify the problem. Failure to do so will result in your
legal rights being reduced or even extinguished. Any claims whatsoever against us must be
submitted in writing to us within 6 months of the charter. Disputes arising out of, or in
connection with, this contract which cannot be amicably settled, may (if you wish) be referred
to AITO's or ABTA's independent dispute settlement service. Details on request.
- The Genevieve was originally launched in 1914 and is not suitable for reduced mobility
passengers in that there is no room for wheelchairs. The onboard toilet is small and, again,
not practical for reduced mobility passengers. The helmsman and crew will do their best to
assist but such passengers would have to be lifted onto the vessel and may not be able to use
the toilet. We ask that any reduced mobility passengers are accompanied by a carer. The company
has to be informed of any reduced mobility passengers and the nature of their handicap before a
booking is confirmed.
- This contract or any matter arising from it are governed by the law of England and Wales
and are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales